Italian Pizzelles are a delicate and crisp cookie also known as an Italian waffle. I added Lemon to this traditional cookie because everyone needs to have a little zing in their life and in their cookies.
I received product from Nielsen-Massey to help create this post. This post contains affiliate links.
It’s the season again for Christmas cookies. My Aunt Sally makes the most decadent Christmas cookies. She and my mother would spend countless hours making boxes and boxes of cookies for the holidays, especially the delicate Pizzelle. A cookie that demonstrates a labor of love.
These Pizzelles are my favorite Christmas Cookie. Whom am I kidding? I love this cookie and the variation any time of year. I of course think Pizzelles should come in a variety of flavors. Growing up, Vanilla, Chocolate and Anise flavors dominated the taste of our Pizzelles. I’m changing it up this year – focusing on Lemons. Not a fan of lemon? No need to fret, on my site, you can find my Chocolate Spicy Pizzelles here. Later this week I’ll also bring out the traditional recipe. yummy! Whichever flavor you choose to make or eat, enjoy the delicate and crisp cookie with some hot chocolate or a glass of bubbly.
I prefer to make these Lemon Pizzelles sitting down. My knee thanks me. Yours will too. Use your second hand on your watch, or a time or your smart watch. 48-103 seconds goes quickly. The time it takes to make Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra varies by machine.
Butter only needs to be applied to both top and bottom of the griddle once per batch. When the steam decreases from the sides, it’s a good sign the pizzelle is done and ready to lift the lid. Let the cookies cool completely and dry out a bit before storing them. If it’s humid out or live in a tropical climate, corn starch helps maintain the crisp of the cookie. No one ever wants a limp cookie.
This is my first recipe for Christmas Cookie Week and I am excited to see what everyone else has made. All the recipes are at the bottom of the post, as well as a fun giveaway! May your holiday month be filled with plenty of yummy cookies!
- Almond Joy No Bake Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Eggnog Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cream Cheese Cookie Cups by Making the Most of Naptime
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggnog Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Foolproof Holiday Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingered Lemon Drops by The Frugal Pantry
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Mint Chocolate Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Peppermint Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies by Making Miracles
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles by Love and Confections