Have you ever found yourself torn between what you desire and what is good for you? For weeks, perhaps months I craved something decadent, pillowy, depth, a hint of piquant, spirited and not to cloying. These NCR Cookies are the result of a weekend spent in the kitchen, focused on recreating what I yearned and dreamt of since late winter.
When you find yourself hankering for something appetizing and a sure thing, NCR Cookies hit the right spot over and over again. These cookies make you want to continue eating them even though you know you shouldn’t.
This toothsome spicy, chocolate espresso cookie will cause you to giggle, perhaps smirk in the delight in the initial taste of it’s complexity. A smile will come across your face while you indulge in your current craving. The piquant is a bit strong but don’t fret, the spiciness will ghost after a short period of time. I made sure the recipe produces enough cookies to satisfy your itch for a few days, maybe a week while also taking into account one’s occasional intemperance.
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love chocolate cookies? NCR Cookies may appear like your run of the mill chocolate cookies, and while they are delectable, be mindful they are not what they appear to be on the surface. They are spicy, they will stir your juices, but are not too sweet.
Make a batch of NCR Cookies. Savor the experience. Enjoy a few or the entire batch with your favorite coffee or espresso. #Welp – before you know it, they will be a memory until the next time you make them to satisfy a desire.
1/3 Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Stick of Butter
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. warm water
2 tsp. instant espresso
1/3 Cup Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
1 1/4 Cups Flour + 1 TBSP
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Salt (optional *if the butter has No Salt)
1 Tbsp. Mexican Spice
1/3 – 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
*Optional ball coatings: Cinnamon/Sugar mixture, Mexican spice, granulated sugar, dark cocoa, confectionary sugar.
- preheat oven to 325F
- Melt 1/3 Cup dark chocolate chips & set aside to cool.
- Cream together softened butter & dark brown sugar.
- Add egg & vanilla. Mix.
- **In a small separate bowl or container, dilute instant espresso with 1/4 tsp of warm water THEN add the espresso to the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla mixture. **Adding the instant espresso directly to the cream mixture without diluting it with water will not deliver the same results. Trust me.
- Add the melted dark chocolate & mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the 1 1/4 Cups of flour, unsweetened dark cocoa, baking soda & salt.
- Add the Mexican Spice into the dry ingredients & stir.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients. Do NOT over mix.
- Add 1 TBSP of flour to the semi-sweet chocolate chips then add to the batter.
- If the batter is too dry and not sticky enough, slowly add 1 to 2 tsps. of water.
- Scoop the batter to form individual balls.
- Roll the ball into your preferred coating. *I used cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place in oven for 6 to 7 minutes at 325F.
- Let cool for at least 1 minute on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
National Coffee Day is September 29, so today, the Crew is sharing recipes with coffee. Check out all the fabulous inspiration below!
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love